8 artists / 8 locations in the State Theatre Centre of WA
STRUT Dance, in partnership with the State Theatre Centre of WA and Tura New Music present SITU-8: a new initiative for artists interested in site-based creativity.
SITU-8 is a celebration of the State Theatre Centre, the home of contemporary dance in Perth, WA.
SITU-8 will comprise eight new works produced under the leadership of WA independent artists - Serena Chalker and Geordie Crawley. As a supporting partner Co:3 Australia has been invited to select an in-house artist to develop one piece for the season.
WE INVITE YOU
STRUT Dance is seeking expressions of interest from teams of choreographers, dancers and physical theatre practitioners who would like to take part in this venue-wide activation of the State Theatre Centre of WA in November 2020. We are looking for artists interested in site-responsive choreographic practice and presentation outside of traditional theatre spaces.
SITU-8 CREATIVE TEAMS WILL
- Receive a budget of $6,500 per team to cover wages and any costume/prop elements required for the presentation of the work. This is to include a choreographer’s fee of $2,000.
- Have the option to work with composed or sourced music from partners, Tura New Music.
- Be able to choose from the many and varied spaces available both inside, outside and around the State Theatre Centre, including rehearsals rooms, theatre auditoriums, bars, back of house, the courtyard and meeting rooms.
- Receive full production and technical support for the presentation of the work.
- Receive dramaturgical guidance from the SITU-8 leaders where necessary
SITU-8 APPLICATION PACK
Please email us:email@example.com
STRUT Dance is committed to supporting our wonderful artists and artmakers in this challenging period and we thank Lotterywest for the generous grant that has enabled STRUT Dance to create this and other opportunities for the WA independent dance sector